Tuesday 30 October 2007

Yes I know it's been a while...

I've kind of been putting off adding to my blog since last week as things have been a bit hectic lately... and more to the point I suppose I feel like a dork talking about myself on here!!
The last set of posts were rather impersonal but do reflect some areas I've come across and would like to explore within my own work.

As for the set of questions were presented with... I tried answering them so here goes...

  • What were you in the past?

During sixth form I believed that I was a fine artist and thought I would study fine art on a degree course. Once on foundation I realised my interest in graphic design, adverising, communication & ideas. Graphic Design became the subject I was most enthusiastic about and which I found most challanging and rewarding. Last year I began the graphic design degree course at Leedsmet but I became concerned as briefs were few and deadlines did not push me to make full use of long periods of time. I was not learning anything new due to the independant 'fine art' approach of the course but was able to explore some concepts which interested me, enabling me to pass the year. I chose to move to Leeds College of Art and Design and re-take first year anyway as I felt that intensity, briefs, constant tutor feedback and constructive critism were lacking.

  • What are you now?

I think that now I am one big experiment! I want to learn as much as I can and gain as much as possible from the course. I am a designer in progress and need to learn more about myself and my ability.

  • What do you intend to be and how?

I intend to be a confident graphic designer with all the skills necessary to practice once I'm finished my degree. I would like to have experience in the graphic design industry and perhaps have the option to do freelance work aswell. I intend to achieve this by working hard on the course and taking advantage of oppertunity to improve and develop.

No comments: