Tuesday 25 November 2008

Evaluation

Module Code: OUGD201 Module Title: DESIGN PRODUCTION

What have you learned about your abilities as a designer?

This module has forced me to improve on my software skills and ability to use Macs at a faster pace and more effectively. I've learnt how my work can be improved by adjusting settings in photoshop (for example)and realised that there are many aspects to designing such as print and colour production which have a great effect on final outcomes.

What specific areas of interest have you identified and why do they interest you?

I'm very interested in letterpress and screen printing as the processes are enjoyable and can provide a perfect solution to projects. I'm also interested in further improving on layout skills and would like to become more confident on Mac software as this would benefit my work and no doubt make the process faster and more effective in the long run.

What practical skills have you developed and how have you used them?

I've developed screen printing skills and used them for my final project outcome as I printed onto a t-shirt and plastic bag. This process helped me to achieve the result I wanted and I am confident in using the process again. I've also become more confident in using Macs and am able to apply a range of colour systems to my work along with layout skills in inDesign.

What personal skills have you developed and how have you used them?

My time management skills have improved (particularly closer to the deadline!)allowing me to print my final pieces in time and to a standard I was happy with. My improved confidence in using Mac software has helped me to apply and achieve the desired results.

What areas do you feel you need to improve on?

My timemanagement at the beginning of projects needs to be at the same level as at the end of projects so that a larger range of ideas and research can improve project development. I also want to continue improving on software skills and I want to form good design habits in the process building up to print production (such as using the correct settings and appropriate colour systems).

No comments: