Monday 11 February 2008


Susie MacMurray's work in York St Mary's Cathedral really relates to the hanging effect I was looking to achieve with the acetate pieces I used.





During the Christmas holidays I recorded the number of clothing items I used per day vs. the number of clothes which remained in my bag. I first produced an obvious timeline showing a pile of clothes forming as the days went by in contrast to my suitcase full of clothes. I also explored using acetate to represent the items of clothing and hang them in rows which were in order of date. The idea was to hang the piece from the ceiling so that as the viewer walked underneath they essentially could see all the 'clean clothes' hanging ahead of them and as they walked passed the unclean clothes are left behind the viewer.

No comments: