Wednesday 17 October 2007

Interaction


Postcards and post is a really exciting subject.. I love the idea that a letter/postcard can be passed onto people and is interacted with.
Hannah Waldron's work is just one example which I admire (above images).



I came across Afro-mag through a case study in ‘Grafik’ magazine (Grafik, issue 138, March 2006, p21) which informed me that Afro-mag is a compelling, unconventional magazine, developed as a result of a project between Heidi Chrisholm and Peet Pienaar in South Africa. Afro-mag initially interested me due to its unique presentation of individually folded articles which have been compressed into one parcel. This unexpected form for a magazine is both exciting and new, as it intrigues us to view the contents. The magazine has been designed in the format of a small, square package, made up of individually folded articles which have been layered one on top of the other. The outer cover and label conceal the inside layers but communicates a preview into the visual culture contained. I am interested in the way the magazine has been designed, drawing the viewer in to want to interact with it.

No comments: